Monday, October 8, 2012

Hello, Hola, Bonjour and such

Hi All,
I know most of you have been long awaiting the first post.  Man that's a lot of pressure.  I just can't get to a computer enough considering I am always out and about (hence networking and socializing are my main topics of discussion). 

So where shall I begin??  I guess at the beginning??  OK that's way too long ago. but here it is.

I'm a single 30 something year old (early 30 something).  I work a sexy finance job and I have a large large social circle composed of many different types of people/networks.  I have my fraternity friends, my work friends, my gym friends, my friends from forever and a day ago, and the people I randomly meet through other people and I just like going out with them from time to time.  So how did I acquire such a great amount of folks?  It has something to do with my spanktastic personality coupled with appeal and good looks. :D Ok maybe it's just that I'm silly as all heck and I can't contain myself in some situations.  This filter is unlocked a better part of the time and I think people enjoy the spontaneous outbursts that I have from time to time.

A few months ago one of my gym buddies, let's nickname her Puddin'.  She had a milestone birthday party for herself and invited a few of us who she likes to go to her big birthday bash.  Since it was a milestone party who the hell am I to not get dressed up?  I worked it baby.  My ass was in tip top condition, and I can rock a tight skirt and slinky outfit pretty nicely.  Plus one of my best pals was rockin her hot outfit so we have to look divalicious for our friend's birthday..it's only the right thing to do..just sayin'.

The party itself was great, we had food, good music, good times.  Nothing less than good things to be expected, except..well it was too short.  It's a weekend evening, gotta get out and enjoy the hotness, why not let the world experience it?  And oh my goodness they sure did.  I was labeled boring at the party...only because I wasn't acting like the loud Hispanic most people think I should be.  Little did that person who challenged me know that I exceed expectations and will most undoubtedly correct any misgivings people could have.  As soon as we moved to the forced after party, I ordered the cure to any level of boredom... Cherry flavored vodka shaken with ice (shake that shit style).  Sooner than expected, I was ordering a hookah with the smoking tips (hygiene first), I got progressively louder and finally the beast was awakened that night.  Which beast is that?? The maneater, the depraved, alcoholic networker extraordinaire.  And by networking, I've taken on a whole new definition to the term.  I just get to know men at bars and occasionally allow them to sample my lip gloss. *Judges..would that be appropriate?* To my chagrin the spot we elected for that first wild night became a spot to go hang out at all the time.  And I happen to network with new men quite regularly.  Lucky for me though, my beer goggles have improved in prescription because at least the dudes have been pretty attractive/hot. 

Overall, I consider myself very fortunate because for a better part of the time, I have no conscience and bad memory when too much cherry goodness has been consumed.  So be prepared to enjoy some of my wild shenanigans around the world and about all the fun people I know and have the pleasure to meet on a regular basis.  I hope you enjoy. (Thanks to a calendar that never seems to dry up, I think my well of meet and greets will overflow with reading goodness.)

Be patient with me, I'm still trying to work the kinks out on this blog and I promise to make it happen.

2 comments: